I was recently interviewed for a PsychCentral article which focuses on ways that self-compassion can help those who are struggling with depression. The nine tips included in the article are:
1. Start small.
2. Bring awareness to your experience without judgment.
3. Get curious.
4. Interrupt rumination by refocusing.
5. Explore exceptions.
6. Focus on self-compassionate statements.
7. Write a letter.
8. Remember you're not alone.
9. Practice loving-kindness meditation.
I hope you find the article supportive.